Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:02:21 -0700
From:      Marcus Reid <marcus@blazingdot.com>
To:        Jonathan Slivko <js43064n@stmail.pace.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latency of security notifications

I saw the ftpd/glob() vulnerability on bugtraq yesterday, and the
vulnerability report came out this afternoon. The ntpd vulnerability
says Announced: 2001-04-06 but I got the report 2001-04-12. I think
it's admirable that the reports come with patches and background, but
I'd like to know to disable ntpd as soon as possible while waiting for
details.

I'm sure there are good reasons that things are the way that they are.
My question was not in the spirit of bashing it. I just thought that
this forum might be a good place to ask about sources of timely security
notifications.