Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 1995 03:53:33 -0400
From:      Harlan Stenn <harlan@clark.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   default route problem with 2.1-STABLE and ppp?

I was running "ppp -auto somesite" under 2.0.950412-SNAP just fine.

I upgraded to 2.1-STABLE (as of about a month ago) over the weekend
and while ppp is running and it successfully dials and "works", it
no longer adds a default route entry for me.  Not only that, but I can't
manually add a default route for the link (tun0) either.

When I try, I get:

# route add default 168.143.10.179
writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable
add net default: gateway 168.143.10.179: Network is unreachable
#

Any suggestions on how I can solve this problem would be *greatly*
appreciated.

(I've done a "make world" twice just to make REALLY sure that everything
got installed OK.)