Date:      07 Jul 2002 23:26:34 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Webserver behind SMC Barricade SMC7401BRA DSL Router?

--=-tw5Q2R0aKwOoWgvBViQj

Hi,
  I am having problems setting up a services (httpd, ftp) running on a
server behind a SMC Barricade SMC7401BRA DSL Router at my home network.

I have an ADSL service from my ISP with a dynamically assigned IP
address. I however, have ddclient running, my own registered domain
name, and have a dynamic DNS accout setup with ZoneEdit.com.

ddclient is able to retrieve the dynamic IP address okay, but the IP
address is bound to my router's outside interface., as such, typing the
url of my site returns the login page of the router:-(

Is anyone successfully running webservices from behind one of these DSL
routers? Maybe you can provide me with gotchas that the manuals don't
tell you. I *have* been to SMC's website (rather a repitition of the
manual's faq), the only reference to my case is a faq on the possibility
on running a webserver behind the barricade, to which the answer is
:"Upgrade to the latest firmware."

Unfortunately, the firmware listed on their website is the very one that
ships with the router (go figure!).

I'd appreciate *any* help with this from list members..,

Thanks in advance.

Stacey
--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer

--=-tw5Q2R0aKwOoWgvBViQj

--=-tw5Q2R0aKwOoWgvBViQj--