Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 1999 02:29:55 +0200
From:      Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Subject:   Re: net.inet.tcp.always_keepalive on as default ?

On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 10:21:05PM +0200, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Around 0.02%, using the stats from one of BEST's busier servers.
>     That's percent.
>
>     In otherwords, nobody would notice.  You wouldn't notice, the backbones
>     wouldn't notice... nobody would notice.

I would. I have several long-lived connections, with a few of them
are sometimes unreachable for quote some time. I like that they survive,
and would hate it, if some brain-dead default would ruin my perfectly
set up connections.

Even more, it would ruin dial-on-demand for a lot of people, i think.

CU,
    Sec
--
The Feynman problem solving Algorithm