Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 2015 14:40:03 -0500
From:      "Jay West" <jwest@ezwind.net>
To:        <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   multipath status changed, freebsd fails

I realize that this may not be a freebsd-xen issue, but not sure where =
to turn so thought I'd check here first.

We have a pool of about 10 xenservers (v6.5). All the servers are using =
multipath to connect to multiple nas, and each has multiple paths on =
different subnets. All seems to work ok, but....

About every 3 or 4 weeks, xencenter will throw an alert... "Multipath =
status has changed". Further looking in xencenter shows multipath status =
is AOK. However, a few VM's are down. Recovery is just restarting those =
VM's.

What is odd - is that every time this occurs, the VM's that failed are =
always FreeBSD (10.0-Release, most are P9) VM's, none of the windows VMs =
fail. Are there any known issues with FreeBSD where a blip in multipath =
status causes the VM to shutdown? I'd think this is a xenserver thing =
and not a freebsd thing... but thought I'd check. Any advice =
appreciated!