Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 16:34:14 +0700 (JAVT)
From:      Tito Sugiharta <tito@ti.itb.ac.id>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   sound card & cd-rom

I 'm a novice in installing multimedia in FreeBSD.
I have sound card (ESS AudioDrive -- compatible with SB CArd)
and a 8x IDE Sony CD-ROM.
I have compiled my kernel to make the device for my soundcard & CD-ROM.
The device is snd0 and wcd0c and it's probed properly.

my problem is:
1. I can't play melody (or sound) in my soundcard. I have tried to play
   a MP3 file with splay, the result is the speaker is 'screaming' (sound
   very loudly--with unidentified sound).
2. I can't play my audio CD. I have tried to use workman CD Player, but it
   tell me that no CD in drive. (PS: data CD have been used
   succesfully)
3. How can I fine tuning the volume of my sound card?

Thanks for your help..