Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 22:01:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: "Start" key on keyboard

I haven't done this exactly, but you can use the xev command to see what
the keycode for your start key (or any other special key on your keyboard)
and then adjust the appropriate line in the relevant kemap file in
/usr/share/syscons/keymaps to send something else (such as F12 or
something).  Then tell KDE to open that menu if it receives F12...

-philip