Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 01:09:59 -0400
From:      "alexus" <ml@db.nexgen.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   upgrading FreeBSD-4.3STABLE(4.4RC) to FreeBSD-4.4STABLE

Hi

I'm running FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE (4.4RC)

today FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE came out

so i've tryed to do update

i edited /usr/share/example/cvsup/stable-cvsup

i changed CHANGE_THIS.freebsd.org to cvsup.freebsd.org

i downloaded whole source tree

then i did

cd /usr/src;make world;make kernel;mergemaster;reboot

after reboot according to uname -a i still have 4.4RC

so just to make sure i have right source tree, i went and tryed to cvsup
stable again and i got this

su-2.05# cvsup -g stable-supfile
Connected to cvsup.FreeBSD.org
Updating collection src-all/cvs
Finished successfully
su-2.05#

seems like it didn't update anything at all.. so my source tree *is*
up-to-date

anyone have any ideas? what could be wrong?

i did that on another my machine and everything went smoothly there

i have 4.4-STABLE on that other machine

please help

thank you in advance