Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:49:03 -0400
From:      Paul Kraus <paul@kraus-haus.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Install OS from UDF for VBox

Apologies if this is an answered question, but searching both online and =
my copies of this list have turned up nothing useful.

I am running a number of VBox environments under FBSD and need to be =
able to install various OSes from ISO images that are UDF not =
9660+extensions. The specific ones I am running up against right now =
include:

Ubunutu 14.04 LTS Server
Windows 8.1 Pro=20
Windows Server 2012 R2

I am running FBSD 10.1 as current as possible for both OS and ports.

VBox tosses an error when I try to add the ISO image to the =93CD=94 =
drive. The error is VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED and my research has led me to the =
conclusion that the problem is that these are UDF format ISO=92s (so =
that they may contain files larger than 2 GB). I also cannot mount the =
ISO under FBSD using mount_udf, so they are a newer version of UDF than =
mount_udf supports. I assume this is the crux of the issue VBox is =
having, the underlying OS does not have support for this version of the =
UDF spec.

Am I missing something obvious, like a port to add that support (I tried =
sysutils/udfclient with no luck as well), or is this just a feature that =
has not been added to FBSD (yet) ?

--
Paul Kraus
paul@kraus-haus.org