Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 01:59:10 -0600
From:      ofarook <721.4992@mcimail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   WINDOWS NT BOOT MANAGER & FREEBSD

Hi,

I recently got a FREEBSD 2.1 CDROM FROM Walnut Creek.
I have two hard disks and I have both Windows NT 3.5
and Windows 95 with NT BOOT LOADER (dual booting).
isk 1 has only one primary partition with WIN95
and Disk 2 one primary partition with win NT (700M).
I created another primary partition in Disk 2 for FREEBSD
and tried to install it, but hard luck.

My questions are

1. With above configuration, can I install FREEBSD.
2. If so, How do I make NT BOOT manager recognise FREEBSD partition
   without installing F/BSD boot manager? I installed F/BSD in the
   new partition and edited boot.ini for NT loader with the following
   configuration
        C:\=Windows 95  -- default
        disk(1):rdisk(1): Partition(1): Windows Nt
        disk(1):rdisk(1): Partition(2): Free BSD

   when my computer starts, NT loader throws a menu and if I choose
   FREEBSD I get TRAP 0000E error. But WIN 95 and WIN NT working fine.
   Am I doing anything wrong?
3. If am doing something wrong, How do I make FREEBSD co-exist with
   NT Loader and add it as one of menu option for NT boot manager?

Please help me to install F/BSD.

Thanks
Omer Farook Kose-Shahul
721.4992@mcimail.com