Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:47:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marty Poulin <mpoulin@honk.org>
To:        Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Certification - Sysadmin liability ?

I think that any Unix certification would do - most managers would not be
able to tell the difference between SCO and BSD and IRIX; it's all "Unix"
to them.

I was lucky enough to get my work to pay for several courses at
HP, and got my certification in HPUX.  HPUX is a good Unix to learn,
because it contains features from both BSD and SYS V Unix.  There are also
Unix certification courses in several training companies like Learning
Tree and others - don't know if they teach BSD or what though.

- M -