Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:20:22 -0400
From:      parv <parv_fm@emailgroups.net>
To:        CapM@gmx.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DOH! I deleted libc.so

in message <20020823120009.GA23881@carbon.slackerbsd.org>,
wrote Carl Schmidt thusly...

> On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 01:47:34PM +0200, Pascal Giannakakis wrote:
> [...]
> > Where do i find the original libc.so on the FreeBSD CD 1? Or can i download
> > it from
> > somewhere? I have an i368. If you have other options, please let me know.
>
> You can reinstall the bin collection using /stand/sysinstall.

you know, i also did something like that a few days ago: i had
deleted /usr/lib ... solution to my stupidity was to copy /usr/lib
from "disc 2" or "fixit" cd (for 4.6-release).

before copying from 2d disc, i did try (re-)installing "bin"
collection via /stand/sysinstall  ... which did nothing (that i
could see).

  - parv