Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 95 23:24 MET
From:      me@tartufo.pcs.dec.com (Michael Elbel)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GUS woes

On Thu, 9 Mar 1995 10:45:41 -0600 (CST), faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner) said:

> I have a 512K gus with a different video card and scsi drives but otherwise
> match your configuration.  I rebuilt current last night and could play
> au files.  If I initialized the card with DOS, the volume was even loud.
> I tried the ultrasnd whatnow3.mod and it sounded great but there where
> "computer pops and cracks" interspersed with the music.  Volume control
> worked.

That's interesting. I see the very same thing. It's immediately noticable
when I try to play the bey.mod from the GUS install disks. However, as
soon as I pull out the old gmod binary from 1.1, it works. It looks like
some changes in the current voxware header-files cause this to happen.

Michael
--
Michael Elbel, Digital-PCS GmbH, Muenchen, Germany - me@FreeBSD.org
Fermentation fault (coors dumped)