Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2019 17:11:15 -0800
From:      Michael Sinatra <michael+lists@burnttofu.net>
To:        George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DNS Flag Day and freebsd.org problems

On 1/17/19 4:42 PM, George Mitchell wrote:
> On 1/17/19 6:55 PM, David Magda wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On February 1, 2019, there will be some major changes to DNS with regards to EDNS:
>> [...]
>> It turns out that freebsd.org is effected by this:
>> [...]
>> Who is the person that should be looking at this for FreeBSD?
>> [...]
>
> According to freebsd.org's SOA record, that would be
> hostmaster@freebsd.org.                       -- George

Agreed that this should go to hostmaster@freebsd.org, however, it's kind
of interesting to note the following:

The DNS servers that provide authoritative service for freebsd.org are
part of ISC's SNS service, which provides secondary DNS for non-profit
and educational orgs.  These are the servers which are showing the
dcookie=timeout.  So you're using ISC's testing service to show that
ISC's secondary name service isn't working.  Ironic.

Also, when I ran the test again, a bunch more errors showed up (as
opposed to what was in the cached version.  This also holds when I test
for the isc-sns.info zone (also served by the same servers).  I suspect
the freebsd.org hostmaster will probably want to drop a line to ISC.

michael