Date:      Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:58:52 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
To:        Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson@ury.york.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Schizo/Tomatillo driver

Gavin Atkinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone working on a driver for the UltraSparc-III Host-PCI busses?
> Over the past few day I've started work in the background on this
> (specifically the Tomatillo), using the OpenBSD and Linux drivers as
> documentation, but thought I'd ask in case anyone else is working on it,
> so as not to duplicate effort...
>
> Gavin

I think that Jake Burkholder tried a few years ago but was stopped by
the lack documentation and fact that the Linux code (at the time) was
purely magic values with no explaination as to what it was doing.  If
I remember correctly, the biggest challenge was with getting the
interrupt routing correct; devices were being probed and data could be
transfered, but interrupts weren't getting through.

You'd make quite a lot of people happy if you picked this up and made
it work.  Without USIII support, the future of the sparc64 port is
definitely uncertain.  Getting the current generation of Netra and
Blade workstations to work would definitely be a good thing.

Scott