Date:      Sat, 01 Sep 2001 12:37:19 +0200
From:      Jean-Sebastien ROY <js@jeannot.org>
To:        cliff@raggedclown.net (Cliff Sarginson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ADSL on Freebsd

In article <01090110381201.02821@buffy>,
 cliff@raggedclown.net (Cliff Sarginson) wrote:

> Hello,
> Soon I will be getting an ADSL connection to my ISP.
> I run a small network with a mix of Linux and FreeBSD machines.
> It is pretty much up to me which one of them I use as the ADSL
> connection machine.
> My question is how well is ADSL supported on FreeBSD ?

Yes. Here in France, many people (including myself) are using FreeBSD
and an ADSL connection. Both PPTP and PPOE are widely used and supported.
Some ADSL modems even make it completly transparent by taking charge of
the PPP session so that nothing specific is required on your side.

> Any clues or tips or RTFM welcome.

Well, everything depends on what protocol you will be required to use...

js