Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2006 17:49:57 -0800
From:      SUZUKI Shinsuke <suz@freebsd.org>
To:        imp@bsdimp.com
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 IOL certification?

Hi,

> Does anybody know if the FreeBSD ipv6 stack has passed the IOL Silver
> or Gold levels from the University of New Hampshire?

You mean the IPv6 Ready Logo program? (http://www.ipv6ready.org/)

Pure FreeBSD hasn't received either Logo yet, but KAME on FreeBSD5
(most of them has already been merged to 6-Stable) has received
Silver(Phase 1) and Gold(Phase2) logo as a host and a router.
	http://www.kame.net/newsletter/20060331/

Judging from my experience in this logo acquisition work, here's the
expected IPv6 implementation status regarding -current and 6-stable.

[Silver Logo]
you can get the logo for host and router (all you have to do is to
submit the log of the required testings to the logo committee).

[Gold Logo]
you can get the logo for router, but cannot for host.  It is due to a
lack of the following patch, which is necessary to pass the gold logo
testing (but not merged, since it still needs some refinement
(i.e. handling against an I/F address with /128 prefixlen, too generic
function name).
	http://www.kame.net/dev/cvsweb2.cgi/kame/kame/sys/netinet6/icmp6.c.diff?r1=1.410;r2=1.411
	http://www.kame.net/dev/cvsweb2.cgi/kame/kame/sys/netinet6/in6.c.diff?r1=1.402;r2=1.403

Thanks,