Date:      Fri, 05 Oct 2001 10:52:21 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        tariq_rashid@lineone.net
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: start topology "hub" ipsec vpn / routing?

Well, I am using the net4501's for my "client" boxes, running at homes of employees for connectivity in to work.  At
work, I have a freebsd machine serving as my "hub" as you call it.  All the "clients" connect to it. all routing takes
place on the "hub".  Basically, each ipsec host will have an interface (gif0 perhaps), and that interface will have a
network number, and subnet mask, etc.  The clients just set a default gateway, and I set things up to send all data
bound for "internal" networks to the ipsec hub.  I do not use isakmpd as of yet, so I'm still using racoon.  The net4501
could be used as the hub also if you wanted.

Does  that help any?