Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:00:22 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@rtfmconsult.com>
To:        Barry Murphy <barry@unix.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NZ Hub

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, Barry Murphy wrote:

> I take it this list doesn't require one to subscribe, so I will openly ask
> my questions.

well, yes it does but you don't send the subscription message to the list,
you send it to majordomo@freebsd.org.  your message went to the list and as
a result you haven't been subscribed.

> 1./ I have created a NZ cvsup server, currently I am mirroring off
> cvsup.nz.freebsd.org as this is the only NZ server. Could anyone suggest an
> alternate international server that I should use to cvsup from.

is there a reason to mirror from an international one if the NZ one is
working for you ? it would seems to make sense to try and keep the traffic
within the country/region as well as not put any extra load on the
master servers unless needed.

as an alternate you could sync from a number of australian cvsup servers
(e.g cvsup2.au.freebsd.org, cvsup3 etc..).

> 2./ I would like cvsup to use a specific IP address when fetching data from
> international sites as my default IP is restricted and my other on another
> interface isn't. I was unable to find a --bind-address sort of option, does
> anyone know a work around to this?

have you tried cvsup --help ?  specifically cvsup -A <address>

i know this one off by heart because i was the one who kept hassling john
for it and was very grateful when he put it in to shut me up ;-)

> 3./ I have a 10 gig drive that I have put into my server dedicated for
> FreeBSD, so this will have the cvsup for ports, freebsd-current and if there
> is enough space, the ports/distfiles (I think this is 4gig?). I am using

ports/distfiles is about 15G here.  and ports/local-distfiles is some more.

> rsync to grab this data, but unfortunately I cannot see any -current folder
> on any of the ftp's I have looked at in NZ, does anyone know where I could
> get this as I don't want all the old versions too. The distfiles shouldn't

i am not sure what you mean. a -current of what ? ports ? distfiles ?

> be a problem for me to grab as these are all situated in one folder.

regards,

-jason