Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:15:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jared Barneck <rhyous@yahoo.com>
To:        Dru Lavigne <dru.lavigne@att.net>, Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org" <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Request for advice

> I'm curious. When will the=0A>> examination cover other architectures suc=
h=0A>> as POWER/PowerPC, SPARC, and ARM?=0A>> Having an exam for such archi=
tectures would get the BSDs=0A>> recognition=0A>> as a reliable system with=
 the Power group. Support for ARM=0A>> in the exam=0A>> could increase the =
use of the BSDs in embedded devices; and,=0A>> the same=0A>> is also true f=
or certain Power architectures.=0A>> =0AI am not sure if having a certifica=
tion itself brings recognition. I used to believe that, but reality proved =
otherwise. =A0I think we need a product to bring recognition.=A0=0A=0AI thi=
nk we need to advertise FreeBSD to embedded, point-of-sale (POS), or applia=
nce systems manufactures and get a lot more users and business on our side =
first.=A0=0A=0AOr you could start a company that uses FreeBSD on such syste=
ms and see if you can make it...=0A=0A=0A> I am aware that the standard arc=
hitecture being used is i386=0A>> and=0A>> amd64. I am also aware that deve=
lopment is taking place on=0A>> the=0A>> architectures mentioned.=0A>=0A>=
=0A>=0A>=0A>The BSDA exam is for system administration, not development.=0A=
Out of curiosity, is there a market for a FreeBSD Developer cert?=A0=0A=0AC=
heers,=0A>=0A>=0A>Dru=0A>=0A>