Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 1995 18:45:29 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, wsantee@wsantee.oz.net
Subject:   Re: How to write -current bootcode to disk?

>I'm currently running the April snapshot (both kernel and binaries).
>I just supped and compiled the -current kernel and all hell broke
>loose when trying to mount my disks.

>I understand that some changes have been made in the abilities to
>mount disks under -current (including ability to mount extended DOS
>partitions...can someone confirm?)

Yes, the changes are in -current but not in the snapshot.

>At any rate, what -current binaries am I going to need to update the
>boot code to mount my disks correctly again, and what is the easiest

None.  It would help to have some utilities to summarize the slice/
partition layout, but they aren't written yet.

>way to write the new partition information without wiping out my
>current partitions?

Not writing anything is safest.  Ignore the boot-time warnings.  You
may have to edit /etc/fstab to change the names of non-BSD partitions.

Bruce