Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 1995 14:16:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Rob Snow <rsnow@txdirect.net>
To:        "Edward F. Knight" <e.knight@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail questions

On Sun, 13 Aug 1995, Edward F. Knight wrote:

> >>I am looking for some advice (help) on how to poll for mail.
> >
> >>I have a netcruiser account from netcom (it's cheap)
> >>On windows 3.1 I get my mail with eudora from username@popd.ix.netcom.com.
> >>This is a POP 3 server.
> >
> >>How do I pick up my mail with whatever mail tools that are available to me
> >>with FreeBSD (pine mh elm whatever)?  Is there a pop 3 client for FeeBSD?
> >>Since this is not a UUCP account I can't poll for mail.

get popclient from /linux/sunsite/system/mail (or there abouts) on
freebsd.cdrom.com.

It compiled without a hitch on my system and I have it run from cron
every hour the retrieve my mail.  Here is the command line I use:

/usr/local/bin/popclient -3 -u user -p password -o /var/mail/user pophost

where:
	user is your user name
	password is your password
	pophost is the host where you want to get your mail from

This will append your new incoming mail to your inbox.

---
Rob Snow
rsnow@txdirect.net