Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:58:40 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jos Chrispijn <kernel@webrz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portmaster/Portupgrade | pkg2ng

--------------enigC2F4FB8F4ED74B7F2E7DCEF6

On 16/10/2012 22:11, Jos Chrispijn wrote:
> The only issue I have is that this pkg2ng command doesn't work as this
> program* cannot be found so the command returns with a 'pkg2ng: Command=

> not found.'
> Can someone tell me what I miss here?

Does this lead to enlightenment?

% pkg which `which pkg2ng`
/usr/local/sbin/pkg2ng was installed by package pkg-1.0.1

You did install ports-mgmt/pkg ?
/usr/local/sbin is on your $PATH? (or rather on root's $PATH)
Your shell is tcsh and you either have the autorehash variable set, or
manually ran rehash?

Beware that running pkg2ng converts your system to use pkgng.  This
makes the old pkg_tools commands (pkg_info, pkg_version, pkg_delete
etc.) useless -- they'll do nothing but whinge about a corrupted package
database. Once you've then started using pkgng to install or upgrade
packages, there isn't an easy way to revert to the old pkg_tools.  So be
sure you mean it if you choose to run it.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.