Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 21:51:27 +0200
From:      "John Andersson" <yottaman@writeme.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Bad sectors on vinum volym

Thanks for your response, you are probably right.
I created the vinum volym under the 3.1 release (or it may have been the 3.0
release) and I maximized the partition size to the last block with trial and
error. When checking the sector number returned by fsck (44609178, ...), it
seems to be exactly at the end of the partition size (4460918k per
subdrive), altough I have not done the math completly, there seems to be
some relation.

It would be very interesting to try to use your tool to decrease the
filesystem size (or the subdrive size in the plex?).
Does it work with vinum too? Either way, this is good news, since there
problably does not exists any bad sectors, just some error in the partition
size calculation and a complete reconstruction of the vinum volym would fix
all problem (hopefully... ;-).

/John