Date:      Wed, 7 Sep 2016 20:41:46 +0200
From:      Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff <stdin@niklaas.eu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS or rsync for sharing files between FreeBSD servers?

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

Amitabh Kant [2016-09-07 21:39 +0530] :

> We need to keep the directories in sync on all three servers. Currently, we
> run a rsync command every time there is a change in one of the
> files/directories. Sometimes it does happen that we forget to run the rsync
> script making one of the servers return old versions.

Try net/csync2. I'm very happy with it. It's fast and it does its
job very well. It supports encrypting the connection between the
nodes. (Since my cluster is connected through a VPN established
by security/tinc, I disabled it though.)

In its configuration file you decide which files/folders you want
to keep synced. I supports resolving conflicts automagically (as
far as such a process can be automatic). You can set up master
and slave nodes i.e., you push from one to others; or you can set
up all master i.e., pushing changes from any node to the others.

Reading the paper about it

  http://oss.linbit.com/csync2/paper.pdf

is worth the effort.

    Niklaas