Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:24:00 -0700
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash@bigfoot.com>
To:        FreeBSD-chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson" <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
Subject:   Re: Just an observation - MUA's seen in the lists

On 13 Apr 2001, at 7:42, Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson wrote:
> Kris Kirby (kris@catonic.net) wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Brett Glass wrote:
> > > It's OK to use an unreliable machine for your MUA, just so long as
> > > your mission-critical data is backed up on a machine running a
> > > RELIABLE operating system!

> > Hey! Wait a minute! Email *is* mission-critical. When was the last
> > time you went without email for a few days? :-)

> I would like to see a Windows based Email program try to open a
> mailbox with 500 messages (threaded). ;-)

Pegasus Mail for Windows does this without a problem, threaded or
not.  :)  Have a mailbox with 694 messages (sized from 4 - 722K) that
works great.  I have several mailboxes with over 300 messages in
them, fully threaded, with no problems.

Now, *I'd* like to see a Microsoft product try that.  :)

Just because something runs on Windows doesn't mean it's
automatically crap.  However, if Microsoft codes that program, the
odds are *very* high that it's crap.  :)

Cheers,
Freddie
fcash@bigfoot.com

Reject complexity, embrace simplicity, and leave your
ego at the door.
    - Colonel Kernel @ http://dualboot.net