Date:      Tue, 04 Dec 2012 01:40:39 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/173304: libxcb breaks other applications runtine/build

Hi,
Reference:

Niclas Zeising wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR ports/173304; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>
> To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, cederom@tlen.pl
> Subject: Re: ports/173304: libxcb breaks other applications runtine/build
> Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:58:09 +0100
>
>  Hi!
>  Can you be more clear on which packages does not build with the "new"
>  libxcb?  libxcb was last updated 2010, meaing it happenedt more than 2
>  years ago, and the complete xorg distribution (excluding libxcb) was
>  updated more than 7 months ago.  If ports depending on libxcb was not
>  bumped then, they surely have been since.
>  Can you point to any specific ports with issues?
>  Regards!
>  --
>  Niclas Zeising

Hi
cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/fvwm ; make reinstall-recursive ; make reinstall-recursive

That will blow up nicely for you on 8.2-RELEASE,
at least it did for me yesterday on libxcb

PS watch out you have enogh xterm already open when you debug,
'cos when you do
	cd /usr/ports/x11/libxcb ; make deinstall
suddenly xterm will fail to start.

-------

PS I can't remember if generic reinstall has -recursive but I hacked the macros years back to add -recursive to a few labels
	http://berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/FreeBSD/ports/gen/Mk/

grep -l recursive *
bsd.port.mk.package-recursive.REL=ALL.diff
bsd.port.mk.reinstall-recursive.REL=8.2-RELEASE.diff
bsd.port.mk.reinstall-recursive.REL=8.3-RELEASE.diff
bsd.port.mk.reinstall-recursive.REL=9.0-RELEASE.diff
bsd.port.subdir.mk.fetch-recursive.REL=ALL.diff
bsd.port.subdir.mk.packages-recursive.REL=ALL.diff.no_customise
bsd.port.subdir.mk.reinstall-recursive.REL=8.2-RELEASE.diff
bsd.port.subdir.mk.reinstall-recursive.REL=8.3-RELEASE.diff
bsd.port.subdir.mk.reinstall-recursive.REL=9.0-RELEASE.diff

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".