Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 18:31:54 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Victoria Chan" <vkchan@kendryl.net>, <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>, "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>, <java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Article about Tomcat 4 on FreeBSD

Victoria,

> That's old stuff, I thought we are on the same side to promote FreeBSD,
> please excuse me for helping.

My apologies if my reaction was rude. I appreciate your help and I'm
definitely committed to promoting FreeBSD, just like you. Tutorials (like
your article) and the work of the port maintainers (like me) are really two
sides of the same coin. If the port maintainers make something easier, like
the installation of certain applications, then the article can be made
slimmer too. And that's all in favour of the people we're doing this for: the
users.

My point was and is, that the article is appreciated. That's one. Now
secondly, in the current situation some things in the article can be
simplified, because they've advanced. This means that the article can focus
on more interesting things, things that are more situation-specific. And
that's not the installing of the JDK or Tomcat. It's configuration and
maintenance. And I was hoping that that hole -because it is currently an
information gap- would be filled by your article...

I hope this makes clear that I do appreciate your effort and that I am
committed to improving and promoting FreeBSD.

Again, my apologies.

Sincerely,

Ernst