Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 2006 01:20:00 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christian Baer <christian.baer@informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   GELI -> What to encrypt?

Hi folks!

This question may seem a little strange, but don't hit me yet. :-)

I was just sitting here wanting to set up a new GELI-device when it
struck me: What should I encrypt exactly. If I were to use GBDE, the
usual concept is to encrpyt (only?) the actual partition ad2s1d. GELI
suggests to encrypt all of ad2. I guess I could partition the
pseudo-device then. Would I get something like ad2.gelis1d?

Does this have any advantages oder just encrypting the partition and if
so how important are these?

Cheers!
Chris