Date:      Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:00:48 -0500
From:      Jeff Gardner <freebsd@newgalaxy.net>
To:        Alex Teslik <alex@acatysmoof.com>
Cc:        Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
Subject:   Re: 3Com USRobotics 5699B 56k fax modem install

You stumped me... All I know is I have this modem and it works with any
FreeBSD I threw at it:

sio0: <3COM PCI FaxModem> port 0xb400-0xb407 irq 17 at device 2.0 on pci2

and ati* commands respond:
ati9
(1.0USR1008\\Modem\PNP00A2\U.S. Robotics 56K FAX INT)FF

OK
ati7
Configuration Profile...

Product type           US/Canada Internal
Product ID:            00561000
Options                V32bis,V.80,V.34+,x2,V.90
Fax Options            Class 1/Class 2.0
Line Options           Caller ID, Distinctive Ring
Clock Freq             92.0Mhz
EPROM                  256k
RAM                    32k

FLASH date             10/1/99