Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2017 11:28:17 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Anton Shterenlikht <as@cmplx.uk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD CI?

--05gLLMKle1lQeOM2FxuCm2VP4qtJ04p9g
From: Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To: Anton Shterenlikht <as@cmplx.uk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

--cVDOV2SkKtCAeLN58SNHR9vjR2X9XV8wD

On 17/08/2017 11:03, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> I'm interested in https://github.com/C2SM-RCM/claw-compiler/
> It doesn't build on my FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE amd64.
> There is no port for it yet.
> I might consider making one, but... no time.
> Anyway, after a brief ping/pong with
> the developers regarding various build errors,
> (most seem to relate to issues like gmake vs BSD make,
> wrong assumptions for where various libraries are
> and hard coded paths for bash, etc.)
> they offered to try to build it themeselves,
> provided they can get access to some FreeBSD CI.
> From what you say, there is none at present.

Yes, indeed.  This is where the lack of FreeBSD Travis integration on
Github hurts us.  There are many upstream projects who would be glad to
test their software on FreeBSD, instead of relying on the much slower
process of getting other people to port their software and send them bug
reports.

If you do not have time to port this yourself, you could add it to the
Wanted Ports page on the Wiki: https://wiki.freebsd.org/WantedPorts
No guarantee that will produce any concrete results any time soon, but
you can live in hope...

	Cheers,

	Matthew