Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 1995 18:45:20 +0100 (MET)
From:      j@uriah.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com (Joe Greco)
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Joystick driver available

As Joe Greco wrote:

| > Input device for X11.
| >
| > Does anyone know how to make X see it?
|
| It depends on how it is implemented (and how easily XF86 would be
| adapted)...  speaking as somebody who has done multiheaded touchscreen
| implementations for Sun workstaions, I would guess that it would be somewhat
| trivial, but would probably require XF86 mods...

The better way is to let XFree86 where it is (if you don't really have
any mouse declare /dev/null being your ``mouse''), and use the
XInputExtension for this type of device.  This would allow for a
concurrent work of the mouse and secondary input devices (joystick,
digiboard).

There's been a rumour on the XFree86 beta list that someone is
actually implementing the XInputExtension these days... (he needs
it for a digitizer).

--
cheers, J"org                             work:      --- no longer ---
                                          private:   joerg_wunsch@uriah.sax.de