Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:29:39 +0200
From:      Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Panic

--9ADF8FXzFeE7X4jE

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 09:57:50PM +0200, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
> Lars Engels wrote:
> > Unfortunately no. It is a notebook without serial ports. It has a
> > IEE1394 Port which could be used with DDB but I don't have a second box
> > with Firewire.
> > I also have a new kernel dump which shows gkrellm as current process.
> > Can it still be a bug in sysctl? current process. Can it still be a bug
> > in sysctl?=20
>=20
> Could very well be, I also encountered two or three panics on RELENG_6
> after running 'sysctl -a', sadly no backtraces available.

I suppose that gkrellm gets its information with sysctl and that this
can cause the panic.

>=20
> This only happend though, after I plugged and unplugged some USB
> devices. Perhaps I'll find some time to investigate these panics.

No USB devices connected here...

Now I built a new kernel with KDB and DDB, got another panic but no
crashdump. Am I missing something to use DDB? Or is DDB remote-only?
I attached the output of boot -v and my kernel config, perhaps that=20
can help.

--=20
Lars Engels
E-Mail: lars.engels@0x20.net =09