Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:46:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Francisco Reyes <reyesf@super.zippo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD WWW List <www@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Suggestion to indicate location of mirror

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> I would like to suggest the location of a mirror is indicated in the
> web pages. This is to help people select the nearest mirror. In cases
> where there is only one mirror in a country it doesn't matter much,
> but on cases where there are several mirrors (ie cvsup mirrors in US,
> www mirrors in US) is can help people choose the nearest mirror.

Do you mean that we need more detail in the `select a country' drop box on
the front page?  We (I) assume that people will find that dropbox and
select the mirror closest to them, or try the multiple ones in their area
to find the one best connected.  It may be handy to expand the countries
with multiple mirrors (ie Australia) with their localities.  We'd have to
get that information tho.