Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 12:06:56 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Udo Wolter <uwp@ukrv.de>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: snd970821.tgz available

Hi !

> A new snap of my sound driver is available at
>
>     http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd970821.tgz
>     ftp://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd970821.tgz
>
> With respect to the previous snap, this one includes many changes to
> the documentation, some improvements to the DMA code with added
> functionalities to support real time applications, and a driver for
> "timidity", a midi-to-pcm converter.

Maybe this code will work with the soundcard in my laptop ? Maybe at minimum
the SB Pro part ? The old original driver even let me use the card as SB Pro
but I've never got it to work with your driver...:-(
Anyway, if it would work in the SB Pro mode, will it be able to play
MPEG-Audio directly, I mean is it able to play 16-bit audio ?

Otherwise I'll go back to the original driver and listen to MPEG with
the help of sox. Sounds bad but I have no other chance...:(
Bye,
	Udo

--
Udo Wolter, email: uwp@cs.tu-berlin.de