Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 16:29:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@sarnoff.com>, dcarmich@mcs.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building parallel "Beowulf-style" supercomputers with FreeBSD

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > A cluster based on FreeBSD would
> > I suppose have to have a different name, but we've done a lot of computing
> > over the last three years with such a cluster: works fine.
>
> I vote for "Legion", because of the obvious tip of the hat to Chuck...

	You don't mean "Legion" as in http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~legion/
do you?  These folks while open to newer and better hardware, they also
seem to have become stuck on linux because it's what they could in stall
on their desktops with IDE cdroms a long time ago.  I tried to steer them
into the light, but....

	The name is derivative from the Herbert's "Dune" books.  It's
predecessor was "Mentat".

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,