Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 03:50:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>
To:        User Sperber <sperber@w3.brgkepler.asn-graz.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: netscape messenger

Putting mail into folders really shouldn't be handled by your mailreader,
although most have the capability nowadays.  Basically, using a
monolitihic program to do both filtering and reading violates the *nix
ethic of "there's more than one way to do it".  I would suggest procmail
to do the task, although there are other email processing packages out
there.  A good .procmailrc rule to do as you describe would be:

:0:
^ From: * <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG> *
fbsd-question

HTH

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, User Sperber wrote:

> hi
>
> i use netscape messenger for a few days but now i've asked myself how
> could make it the way that the mails for example from
> freebsd-question@freebsd.org automatically go to the folder
> fbsd-question...
>
> any ideas?
>
> Thx in advance