Date:      Wed, 12 May 2004 17:58:51 +0530
From:      <Muthu_T@Dell.com>
To:        <freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Normal Booting on Dell PE3250

>>On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 12:10:18PM +0530, Muthu_T@Dell.com wrote:
>>=20
>> Now FreeBSD boots, but no console output.
>> Still I have to use the Serial Console?

>Yes.

I went to single user mode. Edited the '/etc/ttys' file in
The /dev/ttyu1 with '/usr/libexec/getty std.115200 cons25 on secure'
line.
(ie modified the Baud rate and TERM type). Now I can login via Serial
Console.

Thanks folks for your help.

The 2 issues I found here:

1. pressing backspace 2 or 3 times in the mountroot> prompt drops me in
the=20
   gdb> shell.=20

2. after 'mountroot>ufs:da0p6' line, it mounts the / (root) filesystem
in readonly
Mode. So sshd startup fails.

Another one issue:

 As per Arunsharma mail, I created the /boot/loader.conf.local and
added the following lines:

vfs.root.mountfrom=3D"ufs:da0p6"
Kernel=3D"/kernel/kernel"

loader.efi complains that, syntax error in the first line. Even removing
the double quotes gives the same
error. Any ideas?

Thanks.

--T. Muthu Mohan