Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:39:27 +0100
From:      Robin Becker <robin@jessikat.fsnet.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Python-2.1.1 extension problem

Whilst trying to recompile an extension with freeBSD 4.2 + Python-2.1.1
I'm getting the following error.

/usr/local/include/python2.1/unicodeobject.h:91: wchar.h: No such file
or directory

This extension compiled OK with Python-2.1.
So must I upgrade my OS or is this a buglet of some kind?

This is a bit stranger than I thought. On one system running freebsd-
4.1.1-STABLE I have to build my own Python-2.1.1 as it's a colo machine.
On that system I can build the extension fine. Certainly doesn't seem to
have a wchar.h though.

On the problem system freebsd-4.2-STABLE with the recently upgraded
binary packaged Python-2.1.1 I am unable to build the package.
--
Robin Becker