Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:34:56 -0400
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@pit.databus.com>
To:        Jd <jd@jackdan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 questions...

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 03:14:42PM -0400, Jd wrote:

> There is only 1 thing I'm not sure how to do, and this is my question.
> The employees have to fill out forms for the clients.  Now these forms,
> when printed, must look exactly like predefined government forms (yes
> it's all legal).  Also, since it's the government, and they need to
> justify a few salaries, they change the forms every now and then.  I was
> wondering if anyone knows of a project that already exists to
> create/fillout forms like this, or if not an existing project, maybe
> just a library, a module, a something where I could start reading.
> Basically I want to create legal like forms to fill out for clients.

I have no answer for creating forms, but for filling out forms the Linux
version of Adobe's Acrobat reader works fine under FreeBSD.  I've used
it to fill out govt tax forms from www.irs.gov.  See the acroread5 port.

> On a more BSD question, with freeBSd 4.8 release, does anyone else get
> an error after installing mozilla (no running window found)? If so any
> workarounds?  Yes I updated my port tree.

The message itself is not an error, just Mozilla's comment that there is
no *other* copy of Mozilla already running.  If the Mozilla window never
appears you may well have a font problem - check the archives for the
various things to try.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.