Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2006 07:47:21 +0200
From:      "Morten A. Middelthon" <morten@freenix.no>
To:        Alex Salazar <umbilical.blisters@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Several issues on Dell 1950/2950 servers (6-STABLE and 7-CURRENT)

--ni93GHxFvA+th69W

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 04:23:21AM -0500, Alex Salazar wrote:
> Apologies for the long message, and thanks in advance for any response.
>=20
> I've just bought one of those new generation Dell servers, specifically,
> the PowerEdge 1950.
>=20
> This is a dual Intel Dual Core Xeon 5050, 3.0 GHz, 667MHz FSB,
> 1GB 533MHz RAM, system.
>=20
> This server has a LSI Logic SAS 5/i integrated adapter and dual embedded
> Broadcom NetXtreme II 5708 Gigabit Ethernet NIC.
<snip>

Just wanted to say that I'm running FreeBSD/i386 6.1-STABLE on two Dell PE =
1950's
without any problems. The only thing I had to do was update the bce driver =
for
the NIC, but other than that the mfi RAID controller is detected properly, =
as well
as the SAS disks and RAID array. The only difference I can think of is perh=
aps
the firmware and BIOS versions

Attached is the dmesg output from one of the two 1950's I've got.

with regards,

--=20
Morten A. Middelthon

"I have been Foolish and Deluded,