Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:40:33 -0600
From:      Quintin Riis <webmaster@countrypure.net>
To:        Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Creating mp3

Yes, mp3 does suck.  Vorbis, AAC, and WMA are superior.

Vorbis is better at all bitrates, not just above some magical number.  I
use my PDA to play files when I'm out and about, $80 for a cheap one on
eBay.

As you said though, there might be a few reasons for someone to use mp3.
  There are lots of cute little gagdets out there that support mp3 and
wma, and not as many that support vorbis.  This is changing though.

		Quintin