Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 2002 22:15:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Andy Walden <andy@tigerteam.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bridging Not Working..

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a bridge with FreeBSD. I have bridging turned on in
the kernel, I have my bridge=1 and my interfaces identified in my
sysctl.conf. On the far side of the bridge from my test PC is a linksys
DSL router that is natting everything.

I can ping the linksys internal IP, from my test machine connected to
the BSD bridge, but not past it. I can put an IP on the bridge and ping
the net from that though.

This leads me to believe the problem lies with the linksys router
somehow. I can't determine any logical reason that the BSD bridge
wouldn't jive with the NAT box. My next step will be to run direct to the
router, and I will do that. I'm curious if anyone has any insight here
though? Thanks for the time.

andy
--
PGP Key Available at http://www.tigerteam.net/andy/pgp