Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:14:55 -0700
From:      Erick Mechler <emechler@techometer.net>
To:        "Haapanen, Tom" <tomh@metrics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.4 and DES

:: Ah-ha!  That's all I needed to get DES working ...

Rock on.

:: Is this the -current man page?

I got it from my 4.4-STABLE machine built on 10 October.  However,
according to the CVSWeb interface, it was committed to -CURRENT around the
new year, and into -STABLE sometime in May this year.

:: Also, the handbook still talks about symlinking libraries ... that's how I
:: got onto that track.

Well, that would be a different situaion entirely, and someone should
probably talk to the docs people to see that gets corrected.

Have fun - Erick