Date:      20 May 95 09:45:13 EDT
From:      "J. Roskar" <71075.3104@compuserve.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Colorado floppy driven tape problem

To:>INTERNET:questions@freebsd.org
Date: 20 May 1995

Recently, I installed FreeBSD 2.0 to my PC from a Walnut Creek CDROM.
Hardware  : ZEOS Pantera 486
CPU       : Intel 486/66Mhz, 16MB
Video-card: Diamond VIPER PCI, 2MB.

In addition to the 3.5inch floppy drive unit, I have Colorado tape unit
which is driven by floppy controller as well (ft unit). Following instructions I
reconfigured and relinked the kernel according to my
hardware configuration. In the first attempt I set the following configuration
for floppy:

controller fdc0 at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk fd0 at fdc0 drive 0
disk fd1 at fdc0 drive 1
tape ft0 at fdc0 drive 2

Result: System run OK. ft is not present in the device table. fd0
is present but doesn't run as a 3.5inch device (read errors, probably set as a
1.2MB 5.25inch
device).

In the second attempt I set (I have only one floppy):

controller fdc0 at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk fd0 at fdc0 drive 0
tape ft0 at fdc0 drive 1

Result: System run OK. ft is not present in the device table.
fd0 run correctly as a 3.5inch device.

I would be pleased if you can advise me how to overcome the problem.

Regards