Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:44:53 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Julien Laffaye <jlaffaye@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkgng team: please update portmaster patch to 3.13.1

On 7/17/2012 11:21 AM, Julien Laffaye wrote:
> On 7/17/2012 2:49 PM, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
>> The 3.13 patch fails in 7 places.
>>
>> Sorry for not using github
>>
> One good reason to integrate the patch with upstream is that it would
> avoid us this unpleasant work of updating the patch after every release.

This has been asked and answered several times ... this can't be
integrated until I can test it thoroughly, and I can't do that until I
can use it on my systems, and I can't do *that* until (at minimum) the
nvidia driver problem is fixed. And all of THAT presupposes that I have
time to work on the integration, testing, etc.

That said, I have looked at the patch, and there are enough problems
with it that I wouldn't want to integrate it as is. When I have time I
plan to set up a vbox and test out pkg, at which point I can start
looking more carefully at integrating it into portmaster proper.

The good news is that the latest is the last revision of portmaster that
I have planned for a while.

Doug

--

    Change is hard.