Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 1995 12:24:45 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, deborah@gallifrey.microunity.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: problem with 2.0.5 alpha using NFS install

Julian Elischer stands accused of saying:
> > IMHO, / should _always_ be newfs'd, but as this is a change from
> > previous versions, I'm sure there's a Very Good Reason.

> so you can RECOVER your system and not just CLOBBER it :)

Ah.  I thought that was what the fixit floppy was for? 8)

> > What does /mnt/etc/fstab look like? That's the one of interest.
> can it really matter at this stage?
> she HAS the mount up and running, and the fstab is not used to do that.

No, but the last debug message concerns writing /etc/fstab, and the
next step (prettymuch) is fetching root.flp, which isn't happening.
Given that the mount is working, and there aren't any errors wandering
around, it looks like a good place to start...

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[