Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:38:16 +0200
From:      Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
To:        Aleksey Fedorov <aleksey.v.fedorov@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on e500mc 36bit physical addressing

On 2012-09-23, at 14:44, Aleksey Fedorov wrote:

>> Hi Aleksey,
>> FreeBSD/powerpc does not support the 36-bit physical addr space for =
Book-E PowerPC as of yet.
>>=20
>> Rafal
>>=20
>=20
> I make some changes to start in 36-bit mode. Now the problem is
> 'interrupts' property handling during fdtbus probing.
> I use dts file from linux. Does FreeBSD require some special dts file
> layout compared to linux?

We are supposed to be compatible with ePAPR spec of the device tree (so =
is Linux), so no special handling is needed.

Regarding the error it might be caused by the recent import of changes =
for ARM which affected FDT infrastructure code =
(http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/239268). We had a side =
conversation with Marcel regarding DSI panic during localbus node =
processing, which seems similar to what you're seeing. Can you try some =
older code base (prior to r239268) to see if it shows the same/related =
problem?

Rafal