Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:33:50 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Simon Siemonsma <simon.freebsd@hccnet.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems building kde app.

Simon Siemonsma wrote:

> When trying to build Kmymoney2 from the ports I get the following error:
>
> checking for moc... not found configure: error: No Qt meta object compiler
> (moc) found! Please check whether you installed Qt correctly.
> You need to have a running moc binary. configure tried to run and the test
> didn't succeed. If configure shouldn't have tried this one, set the
> environment variable MOC to the right one before running configure.
>
> Can anyone tell me what a MOC is and how I can solve this?

It is something kde-2.2.2 builds. If it is complaining about it, you
probably have some dependancies that are out of date.

When I build kde-2, I frequently have to do something like

pkg_delete -r(f) png-1.2.1

or

pkg_delete -r(f) qt-2.3.1_3

This does a recursive delete of everything that uses that port. Then,
when you add kdelibs2-2.2.2_3 and the rest back in, which takes a
really long time on the slow machines, you have a working set to deal
with. I actually build them and install them as packages on an AMD
1600+ XP and then move the packages to the slower machines so they
don't have to do a make.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart