Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:52:50 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Erwan Arzur <erwan@netvalue.com>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org, postmaster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VIRUS WARNING

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 05:27:49PM +0800, Erwan Arzur wrote:
> Can somebody block sunsite.aubi.de on hub.freebsd.org ?
>
> This crap is a real pain in the ass !
>
> Who decided that those scanners should send virus alerts back to the
> sender ?
> How come this  freebsdlist@aubi.de is not configured to avoid loops ?

How is this a loop?  The way I understand it, a loop is a message sent
back to a list that the same message has already been sent to; in this
case, a *reply* is sent to the list.

And about the virus scanners - I'm afraid the damage is already done,
and we'll see a lot more of it in the next day or so, as more people
check their mail :(  Unless someone goes for some real mail daemon
hackery, and blocks all messages referring to the original message..
and all its replies.. but for some reason, I do not think this will
happen :P

G'luck,
Peter

--
If the meanings of 'true' and 'false' were switched, then this sentence wouldn't be false.